Commercial Truck and Transportation Insurance Experts
We provide commercial truck insurance in Edmonton, Alberta. Get best-in-class rates with best-in-class service.
Have you been frustrated by brokers who:
At CMB, We’ll protect what matters most like it’s our own
Get the complete picture with CMB
Business, personal, and more. Get the coverage you want.
Dedicated team of agents.
Personalized service ready to help with answers to your questions, ongoing support, and policy management.
Multiple policy and cost options.
Helping you customize and choose the right protection, insurance company, and cost.
Get claims paid quickly.
Handled with care to help you minimize downtime and secure top dollar for your protection.
Reduce the probability of a claim.
Tools to help you spot and avoid problems before you suffer the consequences.
Work with commercial truck insurance experts.
With over 35 years of experience providing transport insurance in Canada, CMB Insurance understands the complexities and challenges of the transportation industry.
Whether a solo trucking businesses with a single rig, an entrepreneur building a modest fleet, or a multinational transportation business juggling hundreds of routes, we develop coverage and provide risk-management services to exceed our customer’s expectations.
With our comprehensive trucking insurance plans and services, we mitigate financial risk, protect staff and equipment, and offer advice on everything from legal services to safety and training. We keep current on industry-specific risks, regulations and laws.
When our potential clients are deciding where to buy insurance we ask them to reflect on these three questions:
- Does the brokerage you’re considering have deep expertise in your field?
- Can it custom-design the insurance protection your company needs?
- Will the people you deal with be friendly, efficient and easy to understand?
We value quick yet thorough service, uncomplicated explanations, and lasting results. We’re connected to the new generation of customers with online services. These include a personalized portal that lets then submit and track claims in real time and print off certificates of insurance whenever needed.
With more than 35 years in the business, we’ve demonstrated that we’re stable and worthy of their trust. As a major commercial insurance brokerage in the province of Alberta, we can offer all of these insurance solutions for the best price.
Why do I need semi truck insurance or commercial transportation insurance?
- Protection for property, tool, supply and equipment losses due to fire, vandalism, theft and more
- Protection for equipment breakdowns
- Protection for liability losses due to injury or third-party property damage
- Protection for errors and omissions
- Protection for loss of income due to business interruption and more
- Protection for automobile losses due to accidents and vandalism
- Protection for cyber losses due to data loss, credit card breach and other digital threats
Among the array of trucking operations we insure are:
- Long-haul trucking throughout Canada and the U.S.
- Heavy equipment haulers
- Drilling-rig movers, including erection and dismantling operations
- Light oilfield hauling
- Service rigs and wireline vans
- Refrigerated and frozen goods transportation
- Truck-mounted picker and crane operations
- Sand and gravel
- Livestock Hauling
- Retail and wholesale general freight delivery
- Dangerous goods
- Tanker trucks
- Specialized commodity transportation
- Container logistic
- Commercial auto
Products and services we provide include:
- Canadian and U.S. filings
- Self-insurance programs
- Aggregate deductible programs
- Fleet-safety programs
- North America-wide claims services
- Damage appraisal services
- Claims adjusting services
- Legal services
- Deductible buy-down programs
- Downtime insurance coverage
- General Liability coverage
Why Professionals Trust CMB
When working with a new client, on average our audits uncover $1.5 M of business risk unaddressed and/or assets that have been overlooked.
The right program management can reduce the total cost of insurance by up to 30%.
On average, $20K recovery of lost profit for not-at-fault claims on heavy commercial units.
Your equipment claims settled up to 8 weeks faster than industry.
Savings of at least 10 hours of your time.
Approximately 70% of businesses have unaddressed risk—and don’t know it.
The average out-of-pocket cost of a loss is $280K—preventable on the right plan.
Areas We Serve:
- Alberta • British Columbia • Saskatchewan • North West Territories
News and Insights
Snowmelt Prevention Tips
As harsh cold warms to above-freezing temperatures, the accumulating water from melting snow and ice—also known as snowmelt—can lead to significant property damage. Review the...
Preparing Construction Sites for Severe Weather
While extreme winter weather is common in Canada, catastrophic weather can occur in all seasons. Severe weather events may be more likely year-round due to...
Pallet Racking Safety Tips
Pallet racking systems facilitate the storage and handling of goods in busy warehouses, but these towering structures can present several hazards. Accidents can occur from...
Cyberespionage is a type of cyberattack that involves an unauthorized user (or multiple users) accessing a victim’s sensitive information in order to secure economic benefits,...
Supporting Employee Mental Health During a Recession
Economic instability is becoming widespread amid record inflation, and many Canadians fear a recession. Recessions can cause job layoffs and increases in unemployment overall. Furthermore,...
5 Tips to Help Avoid Common Financial Mistakes in Business
*This post is from CMB partner Essex Lease. Visit them for flexible lending solutions. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn...