Commercial General Liability Insurance Edmonton
To effectively protect the assets of your business, you must carry adequate Commercial General Liability (CGL) Insurance coverage. CGL covers your business for bodily injury or property damage it has caused on its premises.
What is covered by a standard commercial liability insurance policy?
A CGL policy provides coverage for claims of bodily injury, physical injury, personal injury (libel or slander), advertising injury, and property damage resulting from your products, premises, or operations. It can be offered as a package policy with other coverages, such as property, crime, and automobile insurance. CGL coverage includes the cost to defend and settle claims.
Additionally, a typical CGL policy may also cover:
- Automatic Additional Insured: Coverage for written contracts, agreements and permits.
- Personal and Advertising Injury: Protection against offences made by you or your staff during the course of business, such as libel, slander, disparagement or copyright infringement.
- Defence Costs: Coverage for legal expenses for liability claims regardless of who is at fault.
- Medical Expenses: Coverage for medical expenses if someone is injured on your premises or by your products.
- Occupiers and Operations Liability: Coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others on your premises or in conjunction with your business operations.
- Products Liability: Coverage for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others due to your products.
What’s not covered by commercial liability insurance?
Commercial liability insurance does not cover your workers for negligence or faulty advice or services. For that, you’ll need Professional Liability Insurance.
How much coverage does your business need?
The amount of CGL insurance coverage your business needs depends on these factors: perceived risk, where you operate your business and the type of products you manufacture.
- Perceived Risk – The amount of risk associated with business operations and functions.
- Premises and Operations Liability – Businesses that operate in provinces known for rewarding high damages may desire higher liability limits.
- Type of Product Manufactured – You may want to carry more liability coverage if you manufacture a dangerous product.
The cost of CGL coverage also depends on many factors, such as the size of your company and your claims history.
What is the advantage of purchasing your business insurance through CMB?
Insurance is getting more complicated. You need a dedicated expert proactively working for your business so you can enjoy best-in-class insurance coverage and pricing.
At CMB, we think differently about the insurance experience.
We offer a team of experienced industry experts who know their market niches inside and out. We are honest, accountable, and hardworking and will do whatever it takes to solve your insurance problems.
To get started, request an online quote. You’ll receive a 15-minute discovery call from one of our experts. Next, we will meet in person to discuss potential solutions, after which we can begin a proactive action plan.
Imagine having your own strategic insurance resource working for you — a personal risk consultant proactively managing your insurance program, so it’s ready when needed.
What other business insurance coverage options should be considered?
There are many types of insurance policies that our experts can advise you on and package to meet your specific needs, such as: