Drywall Contractor’s Insurance

As a drywall and plaster contractor, insurance is essential for protecting you against the unique risks associated with your trade. Protect yourself from potential liabilities such as third-party injuries and property damage.

Proper insurance coverage is vital in the Edmonton Drywall industry

Too often, insurance providers offer standard, packaged solutions they assume will work for all drywall contractors. Our specialists in construction risk will work with you to review your portfolio, identify any associated exposures and draw up a custom solution that’s suited to your unique needs. Whether you are a tradesperson working alone, a large construction firm or an independent engineer/architect, our over 30 years of in-depth experience in working with the contracting industry have given us the unique expertise to craft coverage that’s specific to you and your business.

Why do I need Drywall Contractor’s Insurance?

  • Protection for property, tool, supply and equipment losses due to fire, vandalism, theft and more
  • Protection for equipment breakdowns
  • Protection for liability losses due to injury or third-party property damage
  • Protection for errors and omissions
  • Protection for loss of income due to business interruption and more
  • Protection for automobile losses due to accidents and vandalism
  • Protection for cyber losses due to data loss, credit card breach and other digital threats

Drywall Contractor’s face unique risks

As a drywall contractor the risks you face are unique to you and your insurance should reflect that. Drywall Contractor’s Insurance will provide coverage for anything from property damage and injury to theft of tools or damaged product.

Property Exposures:
  • Property hazards to the plasterer are usually light. Even if supplies are kept at the contractor’s location, most are not flammable or combustible, nor are they normally considered target theft items.
Inland Marine Exposures:
  • Inland marine exposures include contractor’s equipment and goods in transit. The contractor’s equipment will include employees’ tools, ladders and often scaffolding. There may be equipment rented, leased or borrowed for unusual jobs. The insured may even own special equipment that is leased, rented or loaned to others when not needed by the insured.
  • Goods in transit will consist of product purchased by the customer for installation at the job site. The exposure is very light due to limited theft or damage.
Occupier’s Liability Exposure
  • Occupiers’ Liability is a concern at the job site. Contractors can damage customer’s premises removing old ceiling and wall coverings, as well as cause other damage and injury if tools or supplies are dropped from ladders and scaffolding.
Environmental Impairment Liability Exposures
  • Environmental concerns need evaluation from the disposal of waste and the old debris that has been removed from the structure. Proper procedures and disposal need to be in place when asbestos and other hazardous items are encountered in existing structures.
Completed Operations
  • Completed operations exposures can occur if coverings installed are for waterproofing and fireproofing.
Automobile Exposures
  • Automobile liability depends on the radius of operation. Age, training, experience, and drivers’ records, as well as the age, condition, and maintenance of the vehicles, are all important items to consider.
Workplace Safety Exposures
  • Workers safety exposure is to dust and cuts. Plasters and finishes have dust. Drywall and wallboard need to be cut to size, which poses injuries from cuts and dust as a by-product of the cutting, trimming, and mixing operation. Eye and lung irritations are important considerations.
  • Any time work is done off the ground on ladders and scaffolds, there is a potential for injury from falling or being struck by falling objects.

Drywall Contractors we cover include:

  • Self-Employed Drywall Contractors
  • Commercial Drywall Contractors
  • Home/Residential Drywall Contractors

What types of Business Insurance do I need?

There are many types of insurance policies that our experts can advise you on and package to meet your specific needs, such as:

  • Commercial General Liability
  • Commercial Property Insurance
  • Business Interruption Insurance
  • Pollution Liability Insurance
  • Professional Liability Insurance
  • Product Liability Insurance
  • Equipment Breakdown Insurance
  • Commercial Auto Insurance
  • Cyber Insurance