September 20, 2022
Is Your Car Ready for Fall Driving?
Fall is arguably the most important season for vehicle maintenance. Before the winter’s brisk weather and shorter days emerge, you’ll want to make sure your vehicle is prepared.
Follow these maintenance tips to ensure your vehicle is ready for fall driving:
- Check your fluids. Fluids perform vital functions that keep your vehicle running effectively. As such, be sure to check your engine oil, coolant and brake fluid.
- Inspect the tires. Tires affect your vehicle’s braking ability, handling performance and overall safety. Use a gauge to assess the tread depth of your tires.
- Make sure all lights work. Ensure all of your vehicle’s exterior lights work. If they don’t, replace them.
- Check the wiper blades. Turn on your wiper blades and wash your windshield. If your wiper blades leave streaks, it’s time to replace them.
- Inspect the brakes. Check your brakes at least twice a year to ensure safety.
- Make sure the heater works. Check your heater to ensure it will provide heat when you need it.
For information on auto insurance call CMB at 780.424.2727 or click here to get a quote.